Only the best in filtration media, Canadian Spa Company Glacier Filters keep your spa water and tub equipment pristine. These filters are infused with Microban® antimicrobial protection to inhibit the growth of bacteria upon the cartridge and extend the filter's life span. An additional silver-ion is imbued in the fabric and plastic of the filter, which acts as a natural disinfectant against micro-organisms and harmful bacteria. Spend less time cleaning your filters and more time enjoying your spa!
The Glacier Microban® 50 Sq Ft Filter fits into the updated & exclusive Canadian Spa Company Mountain Pure filtration system. Twice the purification power of traditional filtration systems!
- Microban fights & inhibits bacteria in your hot tub
- Silver Ion infused plastic does not allow for bacteria build up in or around filter
- Fine mesh pre-filter acts as first defense against spa water contaminants
- Less frequent filter replacement schedule
- Cleaner water overall
- Easy to clean pleats & pre-filter
Silver Ion is infused into the grey plastic of the Microban filter. The Silver ions are able to disinfect water so that micro-organisms such as harmful bacteria cannot cause disease. Silver ions act in similar ways to chlorine, but do not have the chlorine odour and are not chemical based. This means they do not usually bother people with sensitive skin the way chlorine does. While chlorine eventually fades away, silver ions remain active as long as they are present in the water.
* Silver has been used throughout history as an antimicrobial agent. The ancient Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and Chinese recognized silver for its antimicrobial properties and preferred to use it over other metals for food and water storage, utensils, and drinking vessels for this reason. The same antimicrobial properties are present in the Silver Ions offered in these filters
Our new filters are made in the USA by Reemay® with Microban® antimicrobial protection the most advanced media available to inhibit the growth of bacteria, mould and fungi that can cause fouling of the filter cartridge.
With the Microban brand, you know you’re getting continuous, durable, and effective, antimicrobial protection that provides an added level of defence against damaging bacteria for the useful lifetime of your spa filter.
The Microban® portfolio of antimicrobial silver technologies includes a new line of third generation silver-based technologies which are more efficient, cost effective and will help keep your products cleaner and fresher for longer. Using silver as an antimicrobial agent can protect products from deterioration and will help prevent the growth of stain and odour causing bacteria.
NOTE: We recommend that you keep two sets of filters at all times. Pop in a new set of filters while you soak and clean your original filter set overnight. The next time you need to change your new filters, use the original ones you have recently cleaned. Purchase new filters when the filter begins to become discoloured or worn down.